Dec 15 // Event Sales Manager // Dock 5
The Union Market district is a place where creativity is inspired and a place that attracts people who are great innovators, builders, thinkers and doers. The district is home to Union Market, which is the epicenter of culinary creativity in Washington DC with over 40 small businesses and some of the most exciting food and retail concepts in DC.
On the second floor of Union Market is Dock 5 – a 12,300 square foot raw event space that hosts over 100 events per year and brings thousands of new people to experience the market for the first time, contributes vital energy and excitement to the neighborhood and builds relationships and partnerships that continue long after the event has ended.
We are seeking an experienced, dynamic Event Sales Manager to oversee rentals of Dock 5, scale the business model to additional assets regionally. This position is the opportunity to be part of a best in class team on one of the most exciting real estate development projects in the region, as well as growing the business line to additional leading projects throughout EDENS’ portfolio.
Sales and Business Development:
- Pursue events and programming to maximize event space rentals
- Scale business model to additional assets throughout Union Market district and then role out to EDENS’ other projects in the region and larger portfolio
- Respond quickly to incoming inquiries, reviewing each opportunity to maximize revenue potential and brand fit
- Conduct site visits and drop in hours on a regular basis
- Negotiation of rental agreements and oversee execution in conjunction with legal department
- Maintains relationships with relevant event producers and the event industry at large
- Maintain sales and marketing materials for Dock 5
- Encourage and facilitate vendor participation with third party hosts and other events at Union Market
- Recommend and manage appropriate advertising and promotional opportunities to align with strategic goals
- Evaluate partnership and sponsorship requests, implement agreements to ensure maximum returns of negotiated benefits
- Responsible for revenue management including sales, payment collection and reporting
- Logistical planning and internal communication for all events, providing exceptional service to clients and partners.
- Work with clients to ensure events are planned safely and are minimally impactful to the market operation
- Ensure all events are properly staffed and overseen
- Maintain and enforce rules and regulations and approved vendor list, evolving as needed for smoother and more successful operations
- Provide concise information in a timely manner to delegate operational tasks to other operational departments as appropriate
- Provide support and subject matter expertise as needed for events throughout Union Market District
- Participate in weekly tenant meetings and tenant initiatives
- Advise property management and facilities teams of any needs or upgrade recommendations
- Shared management responsibility for market coordinator
- Ownership over Dock 5 technology, tools, equipment and office supplies
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Be willing to work untraditional hours as needed, including many nights and weekends
- Be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Demonstrate superior judgement in all situations
- Strong desire for professional and personal development
- Collaborate with on-site support team to seamlessly execute each event
- Be a driven customer advocate
- Have meticulous eye for detail
- Have a well-developed “team oriented” business perspective
- Seek creative solutions to challenges that arise and proactively seek diplomatic resolutions.
- Help in any area of the Market when circumstances dictate
- Be able to adapt to shifting priorities and a continually changing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of experience
- Existing knowledge of event space sales and operations
- Customer service orientation toward a discriminating client base
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated success in driving business growth, to include sales and financial performance
- Demonstrated success in recommending, creating and implementing process
- Demonstrated success in executing business plans, to include best practices, customer and short and long term strategic plans
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and spend periods standing if needed
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.