Come and continue to build on the basics of salsa dancing On2 with Baila DC for six weeks, starting Tuesday, November 14th and ending on Tuesday, December 19th, 2023. (Free for Baila DC students!) $150 for the 6-week series! Please register online before the first day of class.
Located at La Cosecha, 1280 4th Street NE
Upstairs in the balcony (Balcón)
This progressive 6-week series class is intended for beginner students and introduces the salsa on2 basics and foundational concepts. Throughout the six weeks we will continue to focus on timing, musicality, building on the layers of the salsa basic step, learning left and right turns, simple footwork drills, and progressing with introductory partner work techniques that are fundamental to basic On2 salsa.
By the end of the class you will be proficient in:
- Leading and following steps to a basic salsa rhythm
- Executing left and right turns with and without a partner
- Simple footwork drills (side basic, back basic, and other “on-tempo” shines)
You will also be introduced to:
- Cross-body-lead steps and signaling for both leads and follows
- Combining steps and changing their direction to create your own shines