Mar 1 // Assistant Market Manager – Union Market // EDENS
EDENS develops, owns and operates community-oriented shopping places in primary markets throughout the country. Our expertise covers a broad range of areas including pioneering concepts, creating the right merchandise mix, delivering seamless construction projects and maintaining ownership and management. For nearly 50 years, we’ve been shaping communities by consistently delivering innovative, high-profile projects. We are proud of our strong national reputation built through our commitment to enriching the communities we serve and our focus on building key relationships with neighbors, retailers and project partners.
The Assistant Market Manager will work 50 hours per week as part of the Union Market Management Team, directly supporting the Market Manager in their day to day operations. The Assistant Market Manager will help ensure a seamless experience for customers and tenants throughout the week and weekend by providing on-site floor management, expand customer service standards and administrative support for the management team located on-site at Union Market.
Responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
Union Market is a thriving artisan market that operates 7 days a week and is home to some of the most creative and entrepreneurial culinary concepts in Washington D.C. The Assistant Market Manager will assist with the day-to-day operations of Union Market, interfacing with the public, tenants and contractors. The assistant market manager will oversee daily operations and execute the responsibilities to support activation, programming, pop-ups and market events.
- Provide a memorable customer experience through a proactive and positive approach to our service culture and brand.
- Fulfill duties as on-site manager to ensure policies and procedures are followed and enforced for tenants, contractors and employees. Address shortfalls professionally and document communication with necessary parties.
- Conduct “opening walks”, daily “touch-points” and “closing walks” each day.
- Manage weekly logistical responsibilities for Security and Facilities team and establish clear and consistent communication channels.
- Manage the “onboarding” process for all pop-up tenants, communicating set-up requirements, design guidelines, signage and layout with the market manager for approval in advance. Ensure all equipment is in place for tenant’s arrival.
- Enter all market events, activations, service repairs and other market related activities on our programming calendar and send outlook invites to the Union Market team within 72 hours.
- Assist with property inspections and submitting service repairs in Angus, track tickets and escalating issues which are not fixed within a week of the ticket being entered.
- Send a weekly email to the Market Manager on Sunday’s highlighting any incidents, follow-up items, customer complaints or tenant issues from that week & weekend.
- Assist with coordination of lunch, meetings, reserved seating and special events, as needed throughout the market.
- Communicate updates and progress reports on specific projects assigned by the Market Manager on a weekly bases.
- Ensure all employees and vendors adhere to Market’s Operating Guidelines and address concerns with owners & managers of that business.
- Create our bi- weekly tenant meeting agenda and submit agenda to the Market Manager 24 hours prior to the meeting for review.
- Remain accessible and resourceful to Union Market tenants, addressing any concerns, questions and complaints in a professional manner.
- Supervise Union Market’s security, janitorial, and support staff at all times
- Conduct our bi-monthly property inspections in Angus Property Management Systems
The successful candidate will:
- Help in any area of the Market when circumstances dictate
- Open availability with a flexible schedule including regular weekend shifts and holidays, occasionally nights.
- Strong desire for professional and personal development
- Driven customer advocate
- Be attentive and responsible to customers, tenants and Market Manager requests
- Have strong advancement interest in the field of hospitality and customer service.
- Have a well-developed “team oriented” business perspective.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of experience in related field
- At least 2 years of experience in full-service, high-end hospitality environment as a Floor Manager or Assistant Manager for reputable restaurant group, hotel or hospitality/food service organization.
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience in front and back-of-house operations, to include food, beverage, floor supervisions, service techniques & training and top-notch guest interaction and service standards.
- Demonstrated success in coaching employees and setting a positive and fun work environment.
- Demonstrated success in executing logistical details, to include best practices, customer and employee needs and short and long term strategic plans.