Aug 23 // Venue Coordinator // EDENS
EDENS develops, owns and operates community-oriented shopping places in primary markets throughout the country. Our expertise covers a broad range of areas including pioneering concepts, creating the right merchandise mix, delivering seamless construction projects and maintaining ownership and management. For nearly 50 years, we’ve been shaping communities by consistently delivering innovative, high-profile projects.
Within the Union Market District, EDENS has launched an expanding event program, bringing public and private events to venues and places throughout the neighborhood. The event and venue program is part of our commitment to enriching the communities we serve and our focus on building key relationships with neighbors, retailers and project partners.
In order to support this growing program, we are seeking a highly motivated Venue Coordinator to provide facility management support during events. Reporting to the Venue Sales Manager, they will be responsible for a high-volume of events across multiple venues. The position is an opportunity to be part of a best-in-class team on one of the most exciting real estate development projects in the region.
- Provide a memorable experience through a proactive and positive approach to our service, culture, and brand
- Provide key facility management support during events, as well as load-in and load-out hours, based on event schedule
- Supervise event operations and develop relationships with key vendors
- Coordinate with Event Venue Assistant and Venue Sales Manager on post-event follow up
- Coordinate property inspections with facility management on improvement projects
- Play an active role in supporting the larger Union Market District objectives and Union Market District tenants
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Be willing to work primarily evening and weekend hours
- Be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Possess exceptional customer service skills with an eye towards hospitality
- Seek creative solutions to challenges that arise
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 2+ years of experience in the event or hospitality industry
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and spend periods standing if needed