Jan 11 // Venue Associate // Union Market District / EDENS
EDENS develops, owns and operates community-oriented shopping places in primary markets across the country. For more than 50 years, we have been shaping communities by consistently delivering innovative, high profile projects, including the Union Market District.
The Union Market District is a place where businesses of all size launch, scale and innovate; a place for creative minds and businesses to connect, thrive and make D.C. their own. Located a short walk from the NoMa/Gallaudet metro, is a 45-acre historic urban development where, at its core, sits the acclaimed food market, Union Market. Since opening in September 2012, Union Market now averages 15,000 visitors per weekend and has hosted more than 400 retail pop-ups and events.
In 2019, EDENS will expand its venue program, adding two new venues to the District. Events held in the Union Market District bring thousands of new people to experience the market for the first time, contribute vital energy and excitement to the neighborhood, and build relationships that continue long after the event has ended.
In order to support this growing program, we are seeking a highly motivated Venue Associate to provide administrative and operational support to ensure that events progress seamlessly from contract phase through event execution. Reporting to the Venue Sales Manager, they will be responsible for a high-volume of events across multiple venues. The position is an opportunity to be part of a best-in-class team on one of the most exciting real estate development projects in the region.
- Maintain client files
- Manage CRM system
- Invoice and collect payment
- Process damage deposits post-event
- Manage relationships with key vendors
- Attend client walkthroughs to understand event needs
- Communicate policies and guidelines to clients in a detailed and accurate way
- Manage load-in and/or load-out as necessary
- Provide high level of customer service to clients during events
- Coordinate with internal Union Market and EDENS teams on event activities
- Coordinate facility maintenance
- Support Venue Sales Manager on special projects as needed
- Support EDENS programming around the Union Market District
- Play an active role in supporting the larger Union Market objectives and Union Market tenants.
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Be willing to work untraditional hours as needed, including many nights and weekends
- Be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Demonstrate superior attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Possess exceptional customer service skills with an eye towards hospitality
- Seek creative solutions to challenges that arise
- Possess strong desire for professional and personal development
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience in the event or hospitality industry
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and spend periods standing if needed