Apr 18 // Sales Associate // TasteLab Marketplace
TasteLab is an 8,000 square foot commercial kitchen in NE DC. Founded in 2015, TasteLab is home to over 65 of the city’s finest food producers. TasteLab provides the space, equipment, and industry knowledge to support virtually any food product or company, and set them up for long-term success, whether they are just getting started or looking to scale.
Besides the physical facilities, TasteLab’s management team has decades of experience. They have started, scaled, and sold multiple food companies, managed multi-billion dollar government projects, and sold millions of dollars worth of food products directly to consumers, via retail, through third-party distributors, online, and out the back of a truck.
TasteLab is launching its inaugural retail concept, the TasteLab Marketplace, at DC’s very own Union Market!
TasteLab is launching its inaugural retail concept, the TasteLab Marketplace, at DC’s very own Union Market, and are looking for an outgoing, friendly, and responsible individual to join our team!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- At least 1 year of retail, food service, or other customer service experience strongly preferred.
- Enthusiasm for local food and excitement to collaborate with our 65+ DC-based food business.
- Outgoing personality and unparalleled customer service skills.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Promote the plethora of products created by our 65+ members to customers at Union Market.
- Understand the services that TasteLab provides and communicate those to customers and potential new members.
- Execute all daily operational tasks of the TasteLab Marketplace, including opening and closing registers, stocking and merchandising retail products, and running sales and inventory reports.
- Assist in the execution of member demos and pop-ups, especially on weekends.
- Get to know each of the DC-based food business that we proudly support!
Weekend hours will be required. Ideal candidates will be available to work full days on both Saturday and Sunday, as well as several full or half days Tuesday – Friday.
Based on experience, compensation will start at $12.50-$15.00/hour, and will include discounts at the TasteLab Marketplace and many other vendors within Union Market.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and a few sentences about why you’d like to join the TasteLab team to email@example.com.