Mar 13 // Event Venue Assistant // Union Market / EDENS
EDENS develops, owns and operates community-oriented shopping places in primary markets throughout the country. Our expertise covers a broad range of areas including pioneering concepts, creating the right merchandise mix, delivering seamless construction projects and maintaining ownership and management. For nearly 50 years, we’ve been shaping communities by consistently delivering innovative, high-profile projects. We are proud of our strong national reputation built through our commitment to enriching the communities we serve and our focus on building key relationships with neighbors, retailers and project partners.
Within the Union Market District, EDENS is launching an expanding event venue program. Dock 5, located on the second level of Union Market, is a 12,000+ square foot warehouse space that hosts more than 100 events per year and brings thousands of people to experience the Market for the first time. It will be joined by AutoShop, a 7,500 square foot industrial chic space with classic touches and modern amenities in early spring. This summer, EDENS is opening La Cosecha, a contemporary market celebrating Latin American culture and conversation, including a 1,500 square foot mezzanine overlooking the Market. Union Market venues contribute vital energy and excitement to the neighborhood, and build relationships that continue long after the event has ended.
In order to support this growing program, we are seeking a highly motivated Event Venue Assistant to provide administrative and operational support to ensure that events progress seamlessly from contract phase through event execution. Reporting to the Venue Sales Manager, they will be responsible for a high-volume of events across multiple venues. The position is an opportunity to be part of a best-in-class team on one of the most exciting real estate development projects in the region.
Provide a memorable experience through a proactive and positive approach to our service culture and brand
- Manage administrative elements post-contract to include maintaining client files, invoicing and payment collection, pre-event communication and post-event follow up
- Operationally support events by attending client walkthroughs, managing load-in and load-out, and overseeing event execution on the floor, as necessary
- Manage logistical communications with property management, security, and facilities for each event
- Play an active role in supporting the larger Union Market objectives and Union Market tenants
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Be willing to work untraditional hours as needed, including many nights and weekends
- Be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Demonstrate superior attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Possess exceptional customer service skills with an eye towards hospitality
- Seek creative solutions to challenges that arise
- Possess strong desire for professional and personal development
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of experience in the event or hospitality industry
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and spend periods standing if needed