Jan 24 // Accounting Associate // Takorean
About the Organization:
TaKorean is a unique and thriving restaurant chain determined to become a leader in the fast casual industry. Our food concept, quality ingredients and memorable customer experiences set us apart from the competition and are propelling us to be one of the most exciting fast casual concepts on the East Coast.
As we continue opening new restaurants, we are looking for hard-working team-players to join our growing team.
What TaKorean offers:
– Fun and inspiring work environment
– Upward mobility and long-term career paths
– Highly competitive compensation package
Takorean, a DC based fast-casual restaurant chain, is seeking an accounting manager who is able to perform a variety of tasks including bookkeeping, accounting, and other administrative tasks. Takorean started as a food truck in 2010 and has since expanded to three fixed locations. The company is growing fast and needs energetic, creative minds to join the team and continue to propel the business forward.
CORE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handle weekly bookkeeping procedures in Quickbooks that includes entry of expenses, income, journal entries and researching/resolving any discrepancies with vendors
- Process incoming bills and outgoing checks
- Prepare weekly financial statements to the corporate office and restaurant locations
- Reconcile all company accounts and lines of credit
- Track and manager accounting for leases
- Issue monthly sales tax payments
Payroll and Benefits Administration
- Process payroll and manage employee benefits, onboarding, and termination
- Assist in implementing and launching new employee benefits such as health insurance
- Ensure compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable HR federal/state requirements
- Oversee the installation and maintenance of payroll, timekeeping, recruiting and applicant tracking software
- Point of contact for employee workers compensation claims and other benefits and HR legal questions.
- Manage and coordinate administrative support services; facilities, security, mail distribution, record management/filing, and other office support services
- Ensure insurance policies, licenses and permits are active and renew when needed
- Organize and participate in special events and office meetings as they come up
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 2 years of accounts payable and bookkeeping experience
- Experience working on a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- A natural problem solver
- Keen attention to detail
Location: TaKorean Corporate Office
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Full-Time and/or Part-Time