Union Market District is Here to put a Red Bow on Your Holiday Season with the Shop the District
Kick off the holidays with safely distanced shopping, holiday pop-ups, a winter coat drive, art walk and more throughout the unique spaces of the Union Market District.
The holiday activations will be spread out across the Union Market District in order to support the safety of our retailer community, as well as consumers. All retail locations will follow safety protocols to meet DC Health and CDC recommended guidelines.
In addition to the Shops at Union Market District, shop these holiday pop-ups:
- The CornerBazar | 1287 4th Street NE | Fri – Sun, 11am – 6pm
- Sophie Blake | 1262 4th Street NE | Sat – Sun, 12pm – 5pm
- Kicheko Goods | 1262 4th Street NE | Sat – Sun, 12pm – 5pm
- Common Thread by SWATCHROOM | In Seven Words| 1268 4th Street | Thurs – Sat, 12pm – 6pm, Sun 1pm – 5pm | through the end of the year!
- Azurosa Skinfood | 1262 5th Street NE | Fri-Sun, 11am-7pm
- Lettie Gooch | 1262 5th Street NE | Fri-Sun, 11am-7pm
In addition to holiday shopping, visitors can explore the Union Market District Art Walk, an evolving street art collection with local and international artist community partnerships. Creative collaborations include Robert Young’s Unmask Fear, Bryon Summers’ “Celebrating Melanin & Black Heritage, PAINT (RED) SAVES LIVES, Mariela Ajras, Mr. Brainwash, the Washington Post’s The Lily, Creative Theory, and more. Visitors can use their phones as they explore to scan QR codes located throughout the exhibit and be directed to the Union Market Art website to read the stories behind the artists’ work.
Follow us on Instagram (@unionmarketdc) and visit www.unionmarketdc.com/events for real-time news and updates and more information regarding up-to-date take-out menus, pick-up, delivery, and online shopping options from individual businesses. Don’t forget to tag us as you check off your holiday lists by using #UnionMarketDC!
Union Market District operates under the guidance from government officials and in accordance with public health guidelines.
COVID-19 safety and social distancing measures will be implemented:
- Shop the District is spread out across the Union Market District in order to support the safety of our vendor community, as well as consumers. All of our retail locations will follow the safety protocols listed below to meet DC Health and CDC recommended guidelines.
- Signage will be posted at entrances and around marketplaces reminding customers and staff of basic protocol: 1) masks are required at all times, 2) practice social distancing, and 3) perform frequent hand hygiene.
- In support of social distancing, markers will be placed in appropriate places on the ground.
- In support of hand hygiene, hand sanitizer will be available at entrances to outdoor markets and at each of the vendors.
- Vendor shops will be spaced appropriately to ensure safe distancing.
- All individual vendors will be provided with DC Health information on how to screen and monitor employees for symptoms, as well as instructions for how to handle employees reporting or exhibiting symptoms.
- Limited contact or contactless payment will be provided by all vendors.